Via our website http://shop.segway.com/ we process personal data of our visitors and customers. We, Segway Europe B.V., consider the careful handling of personal data of the utmost importance. For this reason, we observe due care in the processing and protection of personal data.
Whenever we process personal data, we adhere to the requirements of the applicable privacy laws and regulations. This means we:
- clearly specify the purposes and legal grounds for processing personal data, by means of this privacy and cookie statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- firstask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- Do not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have provided specific consent for this, or if this is necessary to perform an agreement we have concluded with you, or necessary for another legitimate purpose established by law;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we require the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to view, modify or delete your personal data held by us.
In this privacy and cookie statement, we explain which personal data we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
This privacy and cookie statement was last amended May 2018.
Personal data processed by us
By using our website and online services, you may provide personal data to us. By providing personal data to us, you consent to the processing of this information for the purposes we explicitly specify to you, or which clearly follow from the context in which you provide us the information. For example, if you provide personal data to us while you are ordering a product from our website, we process your data to prepare, conclude and perform an agreement with you (or the organisation which you represent). We only store and use personal data that you provide directly to us.
We may use the following data for the purposes as mentioned further below:
- name and address details;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- billing details, such as product name and number, price, quantity, etc;
- Cookie ID;
- IP address.
The purposes and legal grounds for processing your data
We process your personal data for the following general purposes:
- to give access to the website http://segway.com/, and your personal account, if you have created any;
- to prepare, conclude and perform agreements with you upon your request;
- to communicate with you about the products or services you have purchased from us, and our similar products and services, unless you have opted out.
- to analyse the general usage of our website in order to improve it, unless you have blocked our analytics cookies (see below);
- to enable (personalized) advertising, unless you have blocked our advertising cookies (see below);
- to send newsletters you have subscribed to.
The legal grounds for processing your personal data as described above, are (i) your consent, and (ii) the necessity to process such data to prepare, conclude, and perform an agreement with you. We may also process personal data as necessary for the legitimate interest which we and our customers have in the security of our website and our customer data (including your data), and the detection and prevention of fraud and abuse.
Registration of an account
You may decide to create an account on our website. After your registration, we will retain your user name and the personal data provided by you. We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you make use of our services, to contact you in connection with the provision of our services, for billing purposes, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
Any information in relation to an agreement which we have concluded with you will be retained for a period of 7 years (this is the statutory retention period).
If you have consented thereto, we may contact you by e-mail for commercial purposes. Each communication by e-mail will include an option to unsubscribe.
We store this information until you unsubscribe from receiving communication by e-mail.
By filling out a contact form on the website, you provide us with your personal data. To fully answer and correctly handle your request, the data will be saved for as long as necessary to answer or address your request. By filling out the contact form, we ask you to provide the following data:
- company name;
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- phone number.
The above details are used to contact you and handle your request and/or suggestion. We store the relevant information until we are sure that your inquiry has been satisfactorily addressed.
We will not provide your data to third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties. Nor will we provide the data provided by you to third parties, if you have not given your consent, unless this is necessary for executing an agreement you have concluded with us, or in the event this is required by law.
In the event of a reasonable suspicion of unlawful or criminal acts, we may hand over personal data to the competent authorities.
- enable functionalities of the website (functionally required cookies);
- analyse the use of our website, and improve it (analytics cookies);
- enable visitors to interact directly with certain social media (social media cookies);
- provide (personalised) advertisements to the visitor (advertising cookies).
You are free to disable cookies via your browser. Keep in mind that disabling cookies may affect your browsing experience, diminish efficiency in accessing certain parts of the website and erase preferences for future visits to the website. The instructions regarding cookies for the most widely-used browsers are available here:
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=it_IT&locale=en_US
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Further detailed information on cookie features and how to enable or disable them on most browsers is available online at www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/privacy-policy.htm.
The security of your data and that of other users is very important to us. We have implemented technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. In particular, we have implemented the following measures:
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password;
- we make use of secure connections (SSL/TLS) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data;
- we keep logs of all requests for personal data.;
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that such third parties handle your personal data carefully and securely. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of their websites before you make use of such websites.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy and cookie statement. Changes will be published on this website and old versions are available upon request. It is recommended to consult this privacy and cookie statement regularly so that you remain informed of any changes.
Applicable privacy law provides you with the following rights:
- to be informed on which of your personal data we have and what we are using it for;
- to inspect your personal data stored by us;
- to correct any incorrect personal data stored by us;
- to request deletion of outdated personal data;
- to revoke any consent, you may have given to process your personal data;
- to object to certain uses of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise one or more of the above rights, please use the contact details below. To prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide proof of your identity.
Contact details for questions and complaints
If you have any questions regarding our privacy and cookie statement, you can contact us at any time by filling out the contact form available on our website or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are also always entitled to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Segway Europe B.V.
1014 BN Amsterdam
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Ç
Chamber of Commerce: 65533305
VAT identification number: NL8561.50.502.B.01